Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Shaw e-mail and Blackberry 8830

I have been using the BIS to read my home e-mails from Shaw internet service provider. However, I have encountered a number of issues. Firstly, e-mails are duplicated on both my Outlook 2007 at home and my BB 8830. Deleting e-mails from either end does NOT always delete them from the other...even when I request this on the BB.

Secondly, the filters I set up through BIS do not work. I still get those e-mails coming through to my BB 8830 even though I "filtered" them through the BIS.

Please note, I am aware that Shaw e-mail is a POP3 account. Also, switching to BES is not a solution for me.

Are others having these same issues and is there any way to correct them please?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Shaw e-mail and Blackberry 8830

if you are getting 2 messages ( i hope the account is not set up twice on outlook) on outlook, that means shaw mail server is duplicating them, you will recieve 2 on handheld, BIS looks at reference id's of a message and if they change, the message will be new to BIS and will duplicate on BB. Deleting from BB interacts with mail server not outlook, make sure you choose delete on HH and mailbox option, if you have access to shaw webmail, chk if the message disappears from shaw webmail.

BIS filters are very generic, you can only filter by email address and a keyword, if the keyword is different it wont filter.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.