Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Shift-scroll not selecting multiple messages

Well your memory usage is great, we have eleiminated one part of the problem!

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I have an 8330 - and have the same issue.  However, it only occured after I updated to 4.5 on the unit itself.  The unit and applications all work fine (as far as I can tell).  However, the multiple select feature does not work - no matter what reset, theme change, or setting alteration I make.

New Contributor

I too had the same problem where my shift-scroll selection method stopped working only after I updated to 4.5, I have verified this with another Blackberry Curve 8330 that my girlfriend has.  RIM NEEDS TO FIX THIS BUG, I really miss that functionality that I had back with my OS 4.3.

If somebody has found a way to renew the feature please reply to this thread!

New Contributor

Just figured it out last week. My Curve was used and did not have the "factory" OS. It was an early beta of 4.5, that apparently has this bug.

I found a copy of 4.5.0.77 someplace and it fixed the issue. It's not the most current version I think, but definitely good enough. 

New Contributor

I got this update directly from the Blackberry Desktop Manager, it found the update itself and installed it instantly.  I don't know how this could be the wrong version considering they should know my phone and have the latest software on the RIM server.....

Where exactly did you find your update, torrent site maybe?

New Contributor

Your right, I found the update .97 on a bittorrent site and selecting works perfectly, infact everything does!  Thanks a lot!!
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

m3g4hur7z wrote:

I got this update directly from the Blackberry Desktop Manager, it found the update itself and installed it instantly.  I don't know how this could be the wrong version considering they should know my phone and have the latest software on the RIM server.....

Where exactly did you find your update, torrent site maybe?

Because that update is not a RIM one but a RIM one that has been tweaked more or less by your carrier. Meaning they can add bugs. And your carrier may have used an old version of the OS and not the most recent that fixes bugs.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: