Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Short Message Transfer Rejected for Bold 9780

There is one person in my contacts that I cannot text. It always comes up with a red x and says "Short message transfer rejected". The person can still text me, though, and I have no trouble calling the number. It only happens with this contact.

I have tried deleting the contact and re-adding, taking out the battery and sim card, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help? 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Short Message Transfer Rejected for Bold 9780

Hi fireflyfishing

Make sure when you create the contact on your BlackBerry® smartphone, that their mobile number includes the area code.  Most providers require the area code is used when sending SMS messages.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Maxis

hi  .... 

One of the possible reason :- 

The reason for the rejected sms is because there were at least 2 registered names using same phone number . So when send the sms then there will be conflict . Thats why the sms rejected . However you still can do voice call . BB handphone allowed such entries whilst some other phone makers disallow that . 

Solution is pls make sure you delete all the double entries & also the delete off past history of your sms message that carries the message "short message rejected" X .

Try again & you shuld get the result . I am sure !! Let me know .

Daniel 

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same problem as the last user.  The problem only started recently--some time over the past week.  Before that, I had no trouble emailing this particular contact, but now I keep getting the same message.  I have deleted the past history of the "short meesage transfer rejected" and entered the text number as opposed to the contact name to see if more than one person came up with that number, but there is only the one contact.  I still cannot text this person.  Any further ideas?  Thanks!

myg
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Having the same problem when trying to send messages to twitter in the UK 86444.