Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Alltel

My trackpad is no longer scrolling and I have to wait 2-5 days for another phone to arrive.  Is there anyway to move around the blackberry without using the trackpad?  I've figured out how to page down in my message box, but not to review individual messages.  Also, is there a way to change applications without using the trackpad?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Shortcuts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but with the absence of a touch-screen, the only way to navigate your phone is with the trackpad.  If that method has failed you, you can do nothing but wait for your replacement to arrive.  Smiley Sad

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Shortcuts

[ Edited ]
You can maneuver throughout your BB only using the keyboard. Shift/Space to scroll up, open icons by Space/Enter, match the first letter of a menu item to get there. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/available-keyboard-short-cuts-78665/ ALT + NMLL = Signal Strength in dBm instead of bars ALT + RBVS = View HTML source in BB browser ALT + RBLD = Forces data structure rebuild when in address book ALT + VALD = Validates data structure when in address book ALT + ESCR = Shows system status / IMEI, etc ALT + SHIFT + H = Same as above ALT + LGLG = Shows device event log which you can edit / delete / copy in to an email ALT+ (RIGHT) SHIFT + DEL = Reboot for most devices ALT + VIEW = Shows RefID for the item you are currently in ALT + CNFG = Shows advanced options when in the Enterprise Activation screen ALT + ESC = Swaps between applications like ALT+TAB on Windows (Even 3rd party apps) ALT + P = Shows phone call log from within messages folder ALT + Enter = Swaps input language in text field or home screen To insert your phone number in to a text field in virtually any app, type mynumber There are many others either by combination or single key. I lost a trackball and had to utilize it this way till I had it repaired. Smiley Happy
Z10, OS Version