Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Showing only names on cc instead of email address (for confidentiality purposes)? Possible?

When sending a copy of an e-mail to addressees, how can I block the e-mail address showing up, as cc, from recipients (as confidential info) and yet showing the names of the ccs? Is this possible? Please advise. Thank you.
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Showing only names on cc instead of email address (for confidentiality purposes)? Possible?

Are these people who you have entered into your Address Book? Normally if you do, they are listed by name, not email address.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Showing only names on cc instead of email address (for confidentiality purposes)? Possible?

I am not certain. This is actually for a client who is inquiring. What I believe he wants to do is completely block the email address from showing at all when the recipient opens the email. That instead when the email is opened it will only show the name of the various cc recipients but not give away any of their email addresses.Thanks!Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If I understand your question correctly then, you client probably needs to be using "bcc:" to blind carbon copy the recipients.

He wants to CC people on an email but not show their email address? I don't think there will be a way to make that 100% foolproof. I know on my BB and in my Outlook as well, on "most" cc'd recipients, I can click on or hover over the other recipient's names and it will show their address.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code