Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Shutting off data

I will be visiting the US for a few days and just subscribed to a text and talk travel package for roaming.  My provider warned me that in order not to receive and DATA roaming charges that I need to shut off my data on my phone but I am unsure how to shut off just the data without shutting everything down.  I have BB Bold 9780.  Can anyone tell me how to shut off just the data?

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Shutting off data

While you are waiting for an answer..... check out Roam Mobility's "Liberty" option for your Bold.  This Canadian pay per use option is great for the occasional USA visit.  Not only can you check emails, but you can surf and research your destinations while South of the border.

New Contributor

Thanks for the links vfk, I did check them out.  I only need a talk and text plan while in the US as I won't have any use for internet/data while I'm there.  I believe I have found how to shut off my data, but I wanted to make sure!  Thanks for the information though....being a cell phone dummy like I am, it never hurts!

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Do you spend a lot of time on the phone?  What do you think about these DAILY rates?  Note, it's free calling anywhere in BOTH Canada and the US.

http://www.roammobility.com/talk-text

New Contributor

I don't spend alot of time on my phone and with the plan I have now, it's $50 a month which gives me 300 daytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekend minutes, unlimited texting and data.  I have yet to use even close to my daytime minutes and my texting is pretty low and data usage pretty much nil most months.  The link you sent me is showing $2.95 per day which would be about $90 a month....seems high to me though not sure where you are from, maybe that's a good price per month where you are?