Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: -

Signal & Memory Issues

In October last year I upgraded to the Bold 9900. To start off with I found this a good phone to use but I soon started having problems with the memory on the phone. I was getting daily alerts from the application manager telling me my phone memory was dangerously full and I needed to delete apps. I have an 8GB storage card where I save all items so the internal memory was not being used. It got the point where I only had 2 downloaded apps on my phone and even then it still said it was full! This problem is still happening several months on. I still only have 2 apps on my phone which defeats the point of having a smart phone I find. 

Not too long after the memory issues started happening the signal on my phone kept dropping, it kept telling me that there was no network to connect to. I live in London and find it hard to believe that there is no network on Orange (EE). To get my signal back I have to restart my phone several times by taking out the battery. At first I thought this might be an issue with my sim card however EE have kindly supplied me with a new Sim Card and the problems still persist. I returned my phone to a branch of the shop that I bought it from and they told me that it needed to be sent away for repair in Romania. I sent my phone off and it returned after 2 weeks and I was told all was fixed and that they had changed the IMEI number and that would fix all problems. It was less than 24 hours later that the phone dropped the signal and then the onslaught of usual problems started. 

The basic functions of this phone do not work...when calling people the signal and network disappear several times making a conversation with family long distance frustrating and often broken up by me having to call them back several times once the signal comes back to life. 

Has anyone else had these problems and if so what can be done? I have taken the phone back to the shop and they have said that it doesn't need to be sent back again and if I am really not happy I should just think about getting a different phone!