Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: 639175869340

Signal reception and/or antenna

Hi! I just recently updated my blackberry 9300 OS 5 to OS 6. The first time it was interrupted, so I downgraded it back to OS 5 and then re-install OS 6. Since then, I've been experiencing intermittent network reception. Most of the time there's no network at all. I already called my network provider about it and they said that all the settings on my account are all up and running. I already tried the reboot, pull-out battery and change sim and they all show the same result. I've also tried the back-up and re-store method but its still the same.

The new OS is all good but I can't really enjoy it without signal/network reception. Maybe something happened with my antenna or what. Please help.

Thanks!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Signal reception and/or antenna

Hello Heather!

I have the same frustration with Globe Telecoms as they always have intermittent network issues. I think it just coincidentally happened that you upgraded the device OS. Upgrading Blackberry's operating system really doesn't affect coverage. You should talk to Globe about coverage issues.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter