Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Silverlight Support

When was the last time you checked riastats.com. Maybe your bias might start denouncing it. Silverlight is second in place to Flash. Dont even talk about HTML5 (yet) and lets forget completely about Java Applets :-D. Sorry cant stop laughing that you even brought Java applets into the picture in March of 2010...Am I glad you are not the technical decision maker at RIM.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

And do you want to know another crazy thing?   Blackberry are a major sponsor of the Rugby World Cup now in progress, all the games are available free on line after 24 hours but they are in Silverlight!!  So I can't watch them on my Playbook and have to lug around my laptop.    Check http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/video/index.html.

Just crazy and blinkered

Andrew

New Contributor

Really? Xandrax you there or are you still working hard to denounce Silverlight. Too bad, rest of us dumb fools think its far more worth it than Flash. Can you believe that? :-D
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I don't care about you, tony john Smiley Happy
Microsoft refuses to allow me to use Silverlight on my computers (I use Windows 2000 at home and Linux at work).

And I have never found any website I care about that uses Silverlight.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Keep your antique Win2K box and Linux box. Maybe that's good for you. Hope one day you will take the bold step into the 21st century.
My Device: torch 9800 and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: telus

i do not find any merit to the windows 2k argument because if u want the new toys u need the new equipment plain and simple. you cannot take a car that is 10 yrs old and expect it to have the abilities of a brand new car. the playbook on the other hand is new and 100% should have silverlight capqbility
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Cricket

Someone better move fast because there are many competitors and I am going to sell this **bleep** machine if there not planning on getting a silverlight fix. Soon

Blackberry is about to end up real Black.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

Blackberry not wanting to support users is why the playbook is dead and Rim is in trouble.

New Contributor

Bob you said it, so I'm guessing you are answering my question, because no one from blackberry has given my no answer and they want people to pay for support, what kind of support system is this does not make sense to me.

New Contributor

This does not make any sense that RIM software not working with something as simple as Silverlight, I am going to do more research on this and make it a topic for some writers I know after I am done making a big stink about this then maybe someone will consider doing some research about this again and see if they are willing to make some changes.