Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Since software update, BB shows up as 2 devices

Syncing with the Desktop Manager had been working great for me (contacts and calendar). Today I plugged in to do a sync and was prompted to install a software update.  Now when I plug in the BB, it shows up as two devices. When I click "sync," I get a caution that tells me it needs to update hundreds of items in the calendar and also in the contacts.  I know I have only altered a few contacts since the last sync and have added maybe a dozen new events in the calendar, so this can't be right.

I canceled the sync and all of my info seems to be intact on my BB and my computer (even though it's outdated info), but now I'm afraid to sync. Is there any way to delete the software upgrade, since everything was working great until now? (I see that there are known issues with the software update--I wish they had warned me of this when it prompted to me to update the software.)

(I had this happen with a Palm device years ago. It took me forever to get it to sync with my mac, then a software upgrade prevented me from ever syncing again. It became a paperweight. I finally gave it away. So I am really gun shy.)