Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: Skype for Blackberry Pearl 9105 (GSM & Non Three handset)

Hi mate

You need to read through the my BlackBerry Skype posts to be able to understand what you need to do. But the biggest question is, is your BB 9780 Sim-Free without any network? If so the only known supported Network for Skype service is The Three Network. (Skype on 3)

You may download Skype on 3 via the My3 option on your Mobile handset.

You will not be able to download the Mobile version for any other other network. Skype on Blackberry is not available. AT ALL. Just on the 3 Network.

Hope that helps 

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Du

Hey man!

Thank for the reply!

What do you mean with BB 9780 Sim-Free without any network? I bought the phone separately and only after chose my network supplier, if that is what you mean ... I'm realy bad at this kind of stuff you knowSmiley Happy

An where can I find this My3 option on my Mobile handset?

Tks,

Glenn

Contributor

Basically the my3 option will only be on the three network, and then you would locate skype via that.!

Sim free means, if a phone is not locked to any network and you can choose which network you want to place your sim with. Which in this case would be the three network!

But the three network sim has to be provisioned to work in your bbm! Refer to
Www.three.co.uk and click skype in the search. Hope this helps.
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: student

HEllo !

i JUST wanted to ask which blackberry model supports skype. ??

I want to but bb 97800 do you weather this supports skype or not???

thanks???!

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Three UK

Hey ImtiB your advice on this forum has been great. its the only decent advice about skype on 3uk i have found!!

just a little question about the BIS.

you say its £5 to get the BIS activated. yes. is this for a PAYG sim?

i am currently on the three one plan contract, but i dont have BIS activated, three wants an extra £6 a month to activate this service, however i dont need email push and bbm. i only want the skype app to work.

i have a curve 3G 9300 NON three, unlocked to any network.

is there a way to activate sykpe without a monthly suscription to BIS?? what is deal with the sim being BB provistioned??

thankyou for any advice/help.

Arfy

Contributor

Thanks for taking the time out to thank me for my advice.

The £5 deduction applies to PAYG on Three, and the BIS or BlackBerry Internet Service would be required to have Skype working on your BlackBerry (3G) phone. Without this am afraid you wont be able to use the Skype Service. (Something which I tried to do to) but it only applies to non BlackBerry handsets such as Nokia, Sony etc.
If Three are saying they want £6, it will cover the cost for BBM, the APP store, EMAIL PUSH, BIS (The internet) and apps such as WhatsApp etc.
As for Provisioning of the Sim card, as of recently all Three Sim cards are now provisioned to be used in BlackBerry phones which are (3G) enabled.

Hope that has been helpful for you.

Regards

Imti
Highlighted
Contributor

Every BlackBerry Supports skype as long as it has (3G) enabled and currently the Three Network ONLY supports it!