Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 9105 3g
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: Skype for Blackberry Pearl 9105 (GSM & Non Three handset)

Success at last! Resolved. Thanks for all the guidance, Imti, you were a great help. I have given you kudos on all your messages.

Spoke to Orange, they said I didn't have a BB-ready sim, so not tagged on their network.

Three turned my normal 3G sim into a 3G+BB-ready SIM and Skype is on now! So, all is  well!

Sorry buddy, I for my late reply, my two month old son had his vaccination and he wasn't well. He managed to keep me off the computer. Thanks again, indeed!

Sunny

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G

Sunny

Your very welcome. I knew it was something along those lines. I spent ages trying to find a solution, and instead I decided to do all the leg work myself and test it here and there. I wasn't convinced that you Had to buy a Three branded phone for the Skype to work, it just has to be 3G enabled be able to support Skype, so pretty much all the phones on the Three website and away you go. I'm glad you sorted it, but you will have issues text chatting, their seems to be a glitch with the suretype. but its minor and you wont even recognise it. But happy Skype calling my friend.

Imti

P.S - Hope your 2 month year old gets well.

New Contributor

2 month year old! Smiley Wink

he is just two months Smiley Happy

Anyways, will give you a shout if there are any problems, thanks!

Sunny

Contributor

You know what I meant 2 month old. 

I stand corrected.

If you got any Hints & Tricks or useful BB programs (Specifically for Overseas calling) Tanzania Private Message me, I could do with a Backup. 

It's to stay in touch with the wife, which is why I searched everywhere for a solution for Skype so I remain in touch.

New Contributor

Will certainly let you know. No worries!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 3

I have a blackberry bold 9780 on three. I have downloaded skype and I can make calls and chat but when I come out of the application, it signs out. How can I make sure it stays signed in so other people can ring me when needed?

An help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Contributor

Hi Sailor1971, I am guessing it's the same way of 'Minimising' your application and it works Fine on my Pearl 9105. 

First of all open your Skype Application, now all you need to do is Hold on to the 'BlackBerry KEY or what's known as the Multitask key, and go on to the Home Screen and your Skype will be in the background awaiting that Skype call. 

Alternatively it's the same option from your menu within Skype and 'Switch Application' then click for Home. 

All done

Hope that's OK buddy. 

Imti

P.S -  Just of topic, how are you finding the BlackBerry 9780, I'm jealous you have such a nice phone. 

My Device: BB 9780
My Carrier: 02

• Hello, how did you get skype for the 9780. in the website it says that it doesnt support that phone. Can you tell me where did you find it?
  • thank you!

Contributor

Skype for 9780

Alexkan85

If you are on the Three network then you can download Skype through the My3 section of Three, other than that if you try and download the Skype version of www.skype.com, that will NOT work, and therefore that is why you are getting that message. You can download it of My3 from your Three Handset or go on to my3 from logon and follow the menus for the options to send by link or alternatively click the link below

Click for Skype on Three - Only for Three Network Phones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Du

Hi,

I have a blackberry Bold 9780 as well, but can't seem to find how I can download skype.

Could you help me out?

Tks!

Glenn