Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: TELKOMSEL

Skype for Torch 9860

Is the model Torch 9860 suitable for Skype?

Since I have tried other options for using videoconference (e.g. Google) and didn´t work, I am afraid that Skype won´t work either

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Skype for Torch 9860

Hello tfcarlos

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently this page Skype available for BlackBerry® devices? says that Skype is available for BlackBerry 10 and also BlackBerry legacy devices ( 7.1 and prior ) for your Carrier Telkomsel . So I suggest call or contact Telkomsel to further.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Skype video conferencing is not available for BB7. However if you want to chat via IM to your Skype contacts, you can install IM+. There is a free ad supported version and a paid version without ads.

Elite II

gajariam wrote:

Skype video conferencing is not available for BB7. However if you want to chat via IM to your Skype contacts, you can install IM+. There is a free ad supported version and a paid version without ads.

Hi there,

So you want to say this Skype Support page  Skype available for BlackBerry® devices? , which Clearly mention Skype for BlackBerry 4.5 to 7.1 over Carrier  Telkomsel is false ?

Can you confirm that .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

I tried navigating to the website, but all the links are dead or redirect elsewhere for downloading skype on blackberry 7.1 and prior.

I would suggest contacting Skype Support for clarification, maybe the webpage hasn't been taken down yet.

Thanks,

gajariam

Elite II

gajariam wrote:

I tried navigating to the website, but all the links are dead or redirect elsewhere for downloading skype on blackberry 7.1 and prior.

I don't find any dead links .. I'm able to view each and every link . I don't think Skype will leave any Dead links on there Support Page .

gajariam wrote:

I would suggest contacting Skype Support for clarification, maybe the webpage hasn't been taken down yet.

Yes he can or OP can contact his own Carrier Telkomsel to know further .

Trusted Contributor

One of the links just redirects to the skype mobile page.

Once again, the best entity to answer this question is Skype themselves and I'm sure they have a support email or phone number

Elite II

gajariam wrote:

Once again, the best entity to answer this question is Skype themselves and I'm sure they have a support email or phone number

For all issues always the best and correct way is to Call or Contact your own Carrier , it is our Carrier to whom we pay for our BlackBerry support and Services but not to any third party application like Skype , facebook or twitter . So for OP if he contact his Carrier  Telkomsel he will get any early response and exact information .