Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve on T-Mobile

Slacker Radio is just that - SLACK

Do not download the slacker radio to the phone curve, it is a memory hog just using every free bit of minimal ram that you have, but the worse thing is that it just totally drains the battery in 30 minutes. App probably works on a phone with bigger memory or battery, but not on the Curve, plus it was a nightmare to remove from the phone, just wouldn't delete.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Slacker Radio is just that - SLACK

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with Slacker. That was the first radio streaming app I used. I didn't notice that it took up a lot of space. It does cause the battery to drain quickly (I'd imagine all streaming radio apps would cause the battery to drain faster), but I used it longer than 30 minutes and still had a lot of battery left. I did like the fact that you could cache radio stations on a media card.

Since Pandora came out a few months ago I've been using that ever since.  Have you tried that yet? I find that it buffers much better so the music loads much faster.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

I'll check out Pandora.

I could never get Slacker to cache correctly, I'd select the staions to cache, but nothing ever cached, maybe T-Mobile blocks the caching function, so it was always streaming, and the phone would get to the stage where I'd have yto remove the battery to get it back to life, just would have memory overload. After I removed the app (took four attempts) I noticed that I had regained about 6 mb of memory on the phone, even though the app doesn't register that much. And yes, the cache was set to the media card.

Elite I

Strange. When you set a station to cache did you connect the device to your computer and run the exe file on the media card to complete the cache process? Like this?

I still love Pandora over all even without caching.   Smiley Happy

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

I had connected via the USB and the desktop manager to sync, but don't remember ever getting a second slacker sync window. Did not know about the exe file on the media card, don't remember ever seeing one. That may explain why the stations never cached, all the cache folders appeared, but no data.

Elite I

Yeah, I had to look on thier website how to do it when I couldn't initially get it to work. The link I provided in my previous post has screenshots for how to do it.