Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Slacker Radio on Pearl 8130 mutes alarm every time

Loading Slacker Radio onto my Pearl 8130 and running it has caused my alarm clock alarm to be MUTED. The alarm goes off and appears on the screen, but the alarm sound is silent! Not much use as an alarm!

I contacted Slacker support who linked me to various verisons and I tried deleting and reloading Slacker. Each time same thing: muted alarm. I experienced the same thing when I tried loading and running Pandora.

There seems to be some conflict between media player apps and the alarm function, at least on the Pearl. Some warning or notice should be put on Blackberry AppWorld to at least make Pearl owners aware of this potential conflict. Very disappointing, since both Pandora and Slacker Radio are otherwise very cool and wonderful applications.

Developer
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Slacker Radio on Pearl 8130 mutes alarm every time

I haven't heard of that before for a pearl user - have you tried upgrading to the latest OS for your device?
Andrew Cowart | Metova
www.metova.com
New Contributor

Well, I think that my Pearl has the latest OS version: v 4.5.o.127. 

I am using a an mp3 file for my alarm, not one of the supplied alarm sounds, but that shouldn't matter, should it?  And if that is the problem, then that's not a reasonable conflict either. 

Developer
My Carrier: Sprint

Is the problem that you cannot hear the alarm while Slacker/Pandora is currently playing music?

If that is the case, on CDMA devices (which I think the 8130 is), multiple sounds cannot play at the same time on the device.  Certain sounds (most notifications, phone calls, etc.) will take priority, but it may be that mp3  alarms do not take priority and do not interrupt the current player.

I'm unsure if that is fixed in a later upgrade of your OS.

Andrew Cowart | Metova
www.metova.com
Highlighted
New Contributor

No, the alarm sound is muted even if Slacker is not playing.