Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Sleep mode

Is there a simple way to prevent my BB from going to sleep? This is my only phone and when someone calls me while it's in sleep mode it goes directly to voicemail - what if it's an emergency??

I should add that I'm not sure if it's actually called sleep mode. I put my phone in standby mode when I'm at work so that I'm not accidentally dialing people while it's in my pocket. Sometimes I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and it appears to be off. The only way to get it back on is to hit the red 'end call' button and then it goes through a short loading screen to come back on. Is this sleep mode?

I've tried searching the forums for help with this but the only thing I found was writing scripts for this and that just seems to be a big hassle for something that should be really simple.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Sleep mode

No, that's not sleep mode.. that's OFF mode.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

So my phone is somehow getting turned off even though the keys are locked? When I actually turn my phone off and back on it takes MUCH longer to come back on then when it does when it's in this 'sleep' mode or whatever it is.

New Contributor

I did a little experimenting and discovered that while my phone is in Standby Mode I can hold down the power off button and it takes it out of Standby Mode and then my phone can be shut off while in my pocket. I thought the mute button was supposed to be the only way to turn on/off Standby Mode.

I also realized that the longer loading screen that I was used to happens when I have to take the battery out because the sound stops working. When I simply power my phone off and back on it is much quicker.