Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Slow download speed

Since when ha this started Smiley Frustrated
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodacom

Sounds gud but I'm stil downloading
Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodacom

About 3weeks ago in the free state
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3g
My Carrier: Vodacom

With Vodacom, its a few months and MTN about 3 weeks now. You can google the problem or view MTN terms and conditions. Apparently if you try to download you labelled as an abuser
Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: MTN

Ohkay so found out what's wrong...aparantly bb put a cap on al it's users data. You get a 1gig per month download "space" after you've used that your download slows down, but will automatically pic up in a month. Thanks for the help guys apreciate it!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3g

No there is no cap whatsoever, you cannot download anything that is free period! I would be very greatful if there was but there isnt
Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Downloads via my native browser (bb browser) is between 30-118 kps but if try download the same file on opera or uc browser its 1kps.

A few months back my friend whose on contract his downloads where slow and mine was fine on either browser but its the opposite now. We both are on mtn but I'm on prepaid. His downloads are fast no matter what browser he uses. When he tried my sim in his phone downloads were slow after replacing his sim his downloads were slow again.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Yep I tried that also swapping sim cards and phone but its my number and did a sim swap with no change but they thing is I been busy with Vodacom for over a month now and they said they contacted rim and they all say that they don't know what's wrong and there isn't a throttle or something like that ...
Super Contributor

I usually delete internet browsing service 2 from my service books. Previously it should resolve slow downloads and browsing time outs.
Super Contributor

That's the blackberry internet browsing service 2.