Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Slow download speed

Hello Historymaker.

Please check netwrok mode selected on your handheld. It should be 3G as shown in picture

Manage Connection > Manage network connection > network mode > 3G

Internet Slow.png

Thanks..!!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3g
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes it always has been set to 3G. thanks. I have checked every setting on my phone and they are the same as always.
Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: Cell c

Ey guys did you finally got the solutions to the slow speed with the 9300 coz am always suffering from the same illness and am on Cell c. I think this ish is done on purpose coz also 6 of my friends its the same story...
Contributor

Hey there, It is a Blackberry problem and it was the same gremlin we had in September last year. It could be caused by someone hacking into the system downloading huge files which could make it useless for us to download anything on our phones. However, RIM should keep tabs on its systems in order for our networks to respond to their customers who pay R59 a month for usage fees. After all why pay for BIS if you cannot use the system fully. It will be a month soon that I can only get 1kbps download speed, that is if I'm even lucky to download anything...
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi historymaker.

Please perform a security wipe and then try

Home screen > Menu (BB sign) > Option > Security > Security wipe > type blackberry and click on wipe

Note: It will bring your handheld to factory reset so please take proper backup before wipeing out.

Thanks..!!

Contributor

Hi unleashurself: is this solution u posted an experiment or is it something u tried and it worked? At Historymaker my man we thinking of selling these our BB's coz they're useless now even worse its been a hustle to even get into this forum to post something#sick
Contributor

Don't worry. Keep your phone. The problem won't be solved so soon but it will eventually just like last year when the same thing happened. Do not change your software or delete anything. If that was the problem at least an email would have been sent informing the customer of the problem. Lastly the networks only listen when they are bombarded with complaints so do your best and keep complaining to customer care. If not Hellopeter.com should do the trick.
Contributor

Are you still using a BB?
Contributor

Yes, still need it for bbm and emails but cannot download anything from it with this problem
Contributor

Ohh!k nah man am saying gudbye to this b*tch and hello iPhone I don mind BBM aslong as my e-mail is active am fine can't stand wat this BIS thing is doing am not use to it and the worse thing is u had the problem from last year and its still going strong, mine started last week monday and am already dead sick I can't stand POOR services man#