Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Slow download speed

UPDATE: 4 BLACKBERRY PHONES CHECKED WITH REGARD TO BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSING SERVICE BOOK.

PHONE 1: MTN - BB 9360 - OS V7.0 - CONTRACT BASED.
Two blackberry internet browsing service books were found.
The 2nd service book was deleted. Internedt speeds returned
to normal 3 minutes later.

PHONE 2: VODAFONE - BB 8520 - OS V5.0 - PRE-PAID BASED.
SAME AS ABOVE.

PHONE 3: MTN - BB 9360 - OS V7.1 - PRE-PAID BASED.
SAME AS ABOVE.

PHONE 4: MTN BB 9700 - OS V5.0 - CONTRACT BASED.
THIS PHONE IS THE ODD ONE OUT. HAS NO EVIDENCE OF INTERNET BROWSING SERVICE BOOK 2, HAS BEEN CHECKED
REGULARY BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE BEEN TRYING TRACK DOWN INTERNET LAG ISSUES. THIS IS MY FRIENDS PHONE AND
HAS BEEN COMPLAINING THAT ITS ALWAYS ON EDGE AND NOT 3G. THUS MORE INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED, HOWEVER HE USES SOME APPS THAT USE RSS FEEDS AND I SUSPECT HIS BANDWITH IS HAMPERED BY THESE RSS FEEDS.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3g
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks mate. I think my phone is the same as the 9700. I wouldn't mind sending you a screen grabber to show you my service book. For the 9700 go to manage connections than mobile network options page. Inside that option you can see if the phone is set to 2g or 3g or both. I don't really have issues with the internet speed. Its just my downloads are stuck at 1kbps. I'm tired of complaining to the network. Last year it was the same until more people complained and it got fixed, albeit with the threat of an internet cap. I miss using my phone to download my work stuff or the odd song or 2. I can do that with another sim card that doesn't have BIS which works normal but won't have free internet.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: VodaCom

I complained via twitter to @blackberryhelp. The tweeted back saying the fault is definitely with the Network I.e Vodacom MTN or Cell C. Is it only with pre paid users or contract too? They need to sort this out asap cuz its bloody frustrating. Anyone with a twitter account should send daily tweets to @vodacom111 or MTN to force them to solve this issue.
Contributor

I want my R59 back!
Super Contributor

The BB 9700, is a model released with GARMiN for life gps navigation system, since a gps needs a good connection to work they may have enusred why the 2nd service is not placed on the device it has shown to slow internet down. Just me speculating but still doesn't explain why 9700 is now sluggish internet wise.
Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: Cell c

Guys iv tried deleting the services book2 but still run at 3.1kbs/s... I think laying my complaint on twitter might be the best option off I go to follow at them and be on their necks ones and for all
Contributor

You still lucky you get 3.1kpbs. I get 320 bytes lol
Super Contributor

What browser are you guys using?

Try clearing cache, cookies and internet history , delete the service book and try again
Contributor

Thanks foxx but we have been there and done that. Deleted this and deleted that. Its now up to the networks or Blackberry to sort the problem out
Contributor
My Device: 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: Cell c

My man iv tried that long time ago I even took out my simcard and inserted it to a different BB it does the same ish I think its these south african networks or BIS coz the fault is with the simcard