Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Slow download speed

Hi did u ever manage to solve this problem as I am having this problem now for about a month and I have 64k sim card and a BB 9810 but when I put another sim card in then it's fine but Vodacom says it's software and that it's also normal to download app off appworld at 5bit/per seconds 

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: mtn

I have the same issue. I wiped my phone fomated my memory card. And still have the same issue. Its not my service provider cause I downloaded opera mini and my speeds go back to normal this is a problem on the internet app for the phone and blackberry need to sort it out and not blame everyone else!!!
Contributor

Hi thanks for the reply its been with vodacom and they said its not on there side then sent it to RIM sa and they say its not on there side also and sent it back to vodacom ??

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Do you guys read this thread properly because someone already posted link to an article explaining why download speed is slow. Vodacom has deliberately throttled download speed. Vodacom has given all indications it going stay this way and soon other networks will throttle downloads speed to a crawl. Your emails, bbm and browsing will work at normally except for downloads.
Contributor

Yes have read as much as could and my bbm, emails browsing downloading apps via app world everything is slow and then most of the time it times out because its so slow but when I put my wives vodacom also sim card into my phone its fast like it should be ...  

New Contributor

If the service provider is throttling why be so disgusting and take 98% of your speed does it make any sense?? You paying for a service atleast take 50%. Atleast people can download cause you can't download anything now!
Contributor

Yes that is so true and the phone just frustrates me know and might as well kept my iPhone and pay the data costs and that why s many people uses BB because its more affordable when using data services  

Super Contributor

@ badass121, networks claim that BIS was not intended for mass downloading of movies and TV series etc but for emails , instant messages and internet browsing.

What they forget is , it was them who caused this issue because they had set internet cost so high that SA made headlines as the country who charges most for an internet connection in the world.

This arrogance and narrow mindedness frustrated users for years so when BIS came along many saw the advantage it offered at same time this helped blackbery become the best selling phone SA which came at time when blackberry sales in 1st countries were dropping. So the so called "abusers" of BIS actually are saving grace to RIM , in a way , 3rd world users provided a safety net in a way ....although downloading gigs of movies , mp3 , TV shows......they are actually good for rim in a way.
Super Contributor

@stoefy try clearing up your appworld cache.
New Contributor

Ok well delete youtube and any video you want to watch any app that blackberry have on there appworld and might aswell close blackberry down cause now you can't even watch youtube or tv on you phone. You better just buy a iphone or samsung or any other phone cause having a blackberry is now regarded as usless!!!!!