Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Smartphone 8310 (BB has been DIED during upgrade of applications using Device manager)

Hi, recently I wanted to install an application but got an error message Saying AJAX is not supported on your platforme - After checking forums on this site, I found that I need to upgrade to 4.5.X and to do this I downloaded from this site the "8310M_PBr4[1].5.0_rel52_PL2.7.0.55_A4.5.0.37"

When I connected the device to the PC, I got the message from Device manager asking if I want to upgrade applications to the recent version,

I did it - but suddenly during the upgrade process, my blackberry turned off and since impossible to turn it on again, it looks like my smart phone is completely died !!! There is just a red light on the top flashing ..

This is just amazing as I have no idea why this happened as I used this official site and the Device manager was the one I downloaded from this site for Smartphone 8310

Can someone HELP me please?

Thanks

Pam

Contributor

Re: Smartphone 8310 (BB has been DIED during upgrade of applications using Device manager)

The same thing happened to me when I upgraded to the 4.5 os. What you will need to do is have your phone plugged up to the computer via usp cable hold down the power button then release. The upgrade should start again. What caused the crash is that you may have had other apps on your phone that you downloaded and the 4.5 os can't recognize it so it crashes. This should work but keep in mind any applications, games themes etc, you installed yourself that didnt come with the phone will be lost. Also the email will run differently, that I've noticed. I hope this helps.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Smartphone 8310 (BB has been DIED during upgrade of applications using Device manager)

Hi and welcome to the forums,

If you haven't solved it yet, please read an excellent post by Boulder that should help you complete your upgrade!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=2905

Please let us know if you need more assistance!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Solved: Smartphone 8310 (BB has been DIED during upgrade of applications using Device manager)

Thanks for your advice, That REALLY HELPED !!

I followed your instructions, it took around 2h until my BB restarted, the amazing thing is that I though I would lose my activation Enterprise, but no everything is there !

A part from the Theme I dowloaded in the past, all my emails, messages seem to have been restored,

The look of email (as you said) seems to have changed, it is just a question of habit so nothing important !!!

Now I hope that I won't get any problem in future because of the upgrade but so far so good;

again thank you very much for your help

Cheers

Pam

Guru I

Re: Solved: Smartphone 8310 (BB has been DIED during upgrade of applications using Device manager)

[ Edited ]

Great!

Would you please resolve this thread by using the options over the kudo's star?

Thank you very much!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-17-2008 04:34 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

KiaTee4 wrote:
Also the email will run differently, that I've noticed.

Hello,

can someone explain what the differences are ? From 4.2 to 4.5 regarding the Messages application ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

I don't know Xandrex, I didn't write that!

New Contributor

Hi, I see the diffrence is just a change in "look" . The same change is also applied into the Phone book 

in 4.5 there are separator lines between the message header (from) and Object  - It looks actually better to me but again this is just a minor relooking change

However, I just mentioned that since upgrade, I have no longer "notes" ! Maybe I need to connect again to Device manager, and in the application add/delete, choose notes, to get it back !

Cheers

Pam

Highlighted
Guru I

I agree, wipe out your sycn options and try again.

Let us know!