Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Software Connection Problems

Hi. I have a Blackberry 8110 with T-Mobile UK.

I've recently installed Guitar Hero III on to my Blackberry, but it requires me to register my e-mail when I first load up the application. The only problem is, is that when I submit my e-mail it says "Your network settings have not yet been configured. Trying to automatically detect settings ..." and then when I click 'OK', it says "Unable to automatically configure network settings".

It's done something similar for the Facebook application aswell. I have no problem using the internet on my phone and all my e-mails are sent to my phone correctly.

Has anyone experienced this problem and could anyone please lend me a hand!

Thanks so much!

George 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Software Connection Problems

Do you have the appropriate TCP and APN settings configured in Options > Advanced Options > TCP?
My Device: Not Specified

I also have downloaded the Guitar Heroes III Mobile application from the Blackberry OwnersLounge and installed on my Blackberry Pearl 8100 via Desktopmanager. However, when trying to run the application (game) I also get asked to register and supply my email address. Having completed the fields I get the same error 'Your network settings have not been configured' followed by 'unable to automatically configure network settings'.

As far as I know, all my settings are correctly set as I can access the internet via the browser and maps work too.

Does anybody have any ideas how to successfully register and start using the application?

Cheers

JP

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

[ Edited ]

"Do you have the appropriate TCP and APN settings configured in Options > Advanced Options > TCP?
"

That is exactly what I was going to ask.  Most native applications including the browser and e-mail require access to the Blackberry.net APN.  However, many third party applications require access to another APN.  For example:

I installed an application called Mologogo, to make it work, I had to go into my TCP settings and enter the name of the APN which was GOAM.com or Internet.com.  Some applications require a username and password for the TCP settings.  I think I used, username: wapuser1 and password: wap.  The names of the APNs differ from carrier to carrier.

In your case you would probably use these TCP settings:

APN address: general.t-mobile.uk
Username : user (alt: wapuser)
Password:
wap

Message Edited by metroberry on 06-24-2008 12:11 PM