Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve-8520
My Carrier: BSNL
Accepted Solution

Software Update

I have BB Curve 8520 with software v4.6.1.314, i want to update it to 8520wifijEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5.2.0.104_A5.0.0.1036_Bharat_Sanchar_Nigam_Limited   this version, on DM when i go to the update..it says connecting then a box appears by the name Check for updates...which asks for e mail address and a small box appears on the left bottom corner VIEW OTHER VERSIONS...after clicking it, it displays the available version...on clicking install it showa an error and says it is only available to users with an AVTICE BLACKBERRY SUBSCIPTION...what is this??

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Software Update

Hi faizhabdi

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Those OS packages are developed by BlackBerry but our carrier are responsible for pushing them to there respective customers . Most carrier offer those updates if you have an active BlackBerry data subsciption from them . The error message shows that you don't have any data plan from your carrier BSNL , so please confirm if you already have it in your account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve-8520

Re: Software Update

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service...this is what its howing when i want to update the OS..its been long and i want to update it but an't..andi don't have an active blackberry subscrition..i use it from the wifi...what if i remove the sim and then update? than you.