Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Software Update

Hi, my wife has a BB 9320 and I a BB9900. Every time a software update is available I tend to update them both at the same time via the BB Desktop Software. (the last being 7.1.2061.)

Today I connected my wife's BB9320 to the laptop for charging and the BB Desktop Software identified an update, 7.1.2753. On completion I connected my BB9900 but no software update was found, can anyone advise why this should be the case please?

Many Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Software Update

Hi londonpride

Those device software are developed by BlackBerry and then released by respective Carrier specific to each BlackBerry device model, your wife's Carrier released this specific OS version only for BlackBerry 9320 and for you .. you may be having the most recent device software from your Carrier , as a result you're not offered any updates for your BlackBerry 9900.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

Hi, thank you for your reply. I had tried my update via the BB website and the laptop software, all to no avail. I had always updated both BB together, no problem, sure I'll survive!
Many Thanks.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

If your Carrier releases any newer OS version for your device model then you'll be offered an upgrade .

Currently what is your device OS version ? To know that Homescreen >  Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor

Hi, thank you for the reply. I did contact my carrier at the same time as setting this thread, but they normally take some time to reply. They have now replied that there is no update for the 9900 at this time. My current OS is 7.1 Bundle 2061 (Version 7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0.532.)
My wife's 9320 which was using this was updated to 7.1.2753.
Thank you.