Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Software problem

I've recently updated my phone software on phone (so I haven't updated it on the pc) and I set it off in the morning then at night I came back and it said that I had to install the updates but the battery was to low so I charged it up then clicked install and took about 1hr to install then once it restarted the theme had been changed , white background with the writing in black, some of the icons are missing and they are really small, I couldn't see my battery level or the full time e.g.12:4 , I couldn't see my carier (Vodafone) so once that happened I wiped the phone and still had the same problems. I rang blackberry explained the problems then they said I have to go through Vodafone so I rang them explained the problems to 3 different people then got told the technical guy had to many calls and would ring me back and the phone call still hasn't been received . If anyone would be of help I would be so appreciative
Thanks
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Software problem

Hi 9900help

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I think something gone wrong with the Over the Air Update , Please do a backup od our device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then perform a Clean Relaod of your device Software , for further help please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

But as I said first do your device backup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks for the help I will try it now
Elite II

Hi 9900help

Please try it and let us know.Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Wow having a great weekend pc's decided to create some problem for itself Smiley Sad
Elite II

Hi 9900help

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your PC, If you have BlackBerry desktop Software already Installed then restart your PC and use the main USB ports, On the back side of your PC not hub.

New Contributor

Thanks it's on the last quarter of installing , what is in the new update that didn't work for me over the air
Elite II

HI 9900help

Can't say that but seen any issues while performing Over the Air Device OS update, I personally never do OS Update  OTA , let finish the process I hope it will fix any issue if its related to Device OS.

New Contributor

It's worked thank you so much!!! Shall I do the 7.1 bundle 2061 update
Elite II

Hi 9900help

Wow ! That great Smiley Happy If you want to update to 7.1 yes you can do that but do it via BlackBerry Desktop Software Or you can try the most easiest just download the OS pack from your Carrier and Install it on your PC by Double clicking the same file that you have downloaded, Open BlackBerry Desktop Software it will prompt that Update is available .Here is the Carrier Download site :  Carriers 

Just locate your carrier and download the most recent OS pack but make sure that you are downloading for the same device model that you have.

Try it and let us know of your final process.