Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Software update 7.1Os for blackberry 9900

Hey, I have recently tried updating my software to the new 7.1, and when I try installing it, my screen stays frozen when it is backing up "social feeds" my mobile network connection has also turned off... It has been frozen like this for over 5 hours... Any ideas on what I do?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Software update 7.1Os for blackberry 9900

If you're updating via BlackBerry Desktop Software, unplug your phone, shut down the software, plug your phone back in, start up the software again and wait.  Once the software tries to connect to your phone and sees that your phone doesn't have a proper OS installed, it will suggest one to you and will ask if you wish to install it. 

If you're updating OTA (Over The Air), remove your battery then reinsert it.  If you're not offered the opportunity to install an OS, you'll need to plug your phone in to your PC and use BlackBerry Desktop Software as I've described above.

Keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: EE

I'm having the same issue.

I did the update OTA and it froze. I removed the battery and put it back in then tried to connect to a PC to do the update this way, but the Blackberry Desktop Software doesn't connect to my phone and just reads 'Connecting' for a very long period of time without ever actually connecting.

Any help would be appreciated

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: verizon

i had the same problem. its been stuck on social feeds for a while so i kept doing a battery pull but every time it sould social feeds it would freeze. so i plugged it into my laptop (macbook) as it was restarting, it then gave me the option to press any key before the time ran out to goto the pre update process. after i pressed a buttin it started to restart and once it did, the restoring process began. this should fix your problem. hope this helps