Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: O2

Software update problem

Curve has been running software updates all day. But for the last 5 hours it's been stuck on a white screen saying backing up your data. Overall backup progress is at 16% and it's currently updating social feeds at 0% but it has been at this same screen for 5 hours now. I can't get to use my phone as it won't let me go back to the main screen and I desperately need to use it tomorrow afternoon. Any more info can be provided to help. Thanks.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Software update problem

Hello GH16,

Have you taken the manual device backup, before starting software update.

Thanks..!!

New Contributor

No I did not.
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

I am having the same problem.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Only thing we may try is, try reloading OS which may cause data loss. Cozz as you stated its stuck since hrs means seems no solution to wait further more.

Good luck

New Contributor

Put the phone into safe mode and it works but it still comes up with the software update screen and I cant get off it.  Also it will not connect to my computer when it is doing the software update.  So i cant back up my phone or download anything that will help from my computer.

New Contributor

Put the phone into safe mode and it works but it still comes up with the software update screen and I cant get off it.Smiley Frustrated  Also it will not connect to my computer when it is doing the software update.  So i cant back up my phone or download anything that will help from my computer.