Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-23-2012 07:04 AM
Hi. I plugged my 9790 into my PC to sync with desktop manager and was offered a software upgrade first. Desktop Manager loaded new software ok. The Device Software update started and the back up went fine. Software seemed to download ok but is now stuck during the install at 'Reconnecting to JVM'. It has been like this for hours. The screen of the 9790 shows the clock although a reminder message came up which I cancelled - now back to the clock. The text in the update window says that the device must not be disconnected during the update process as it might render it unusable.
I am a complete novice at this. Please can someone help? Thanks.
11-26-2012 07:07 PM
03-06-2014 03:39 PM
I have a similar problem with my torch 9860...BBSAK and JI_Cmdr does not connect, so can't do a wipre from those...tried loading OS through Apploader and Desktop Manager as well but both gets stuck at Reconnecting to JVM...so when I boot the handset it loads till about 65% and then shows a white screen wihtout any message though.
03-06-2014 06:28 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
You may also need the use of these tricks:
Good luck and let us know!
03-07-2014 07:38 AM
I have done all that already....have reset it to factory and then reloaded the OS through apploader...still the same problem....
03-07-2014 10:56 AM
03-07-2014 11:08 AM
Hello, I appreciate your patience.
Well pls find below what I have done yet:
1. Tried reloading through Apploader and Desktop Manager....that did not work.
2. Tried BBSAK and JL_CMDR to wipe the device that also din't work. BBSAK do not detect device and JL_CMDR does not wipe the system and quickly turns black without wiping the device.
3. Tried third party software to reset the device to factory reset, which worked but after that reloading OS din't work and stuck at reconnecting to JVM.
3. Tried force detection, that also din't work.
4. Tried apploader with USB:UNKNOWN PIN option to quickly click on load to bypass JVM, as mentioned in many of the posts...that also din't work
5. Tried apploader with /NOJVM option but that also din't work.
03-07-2014 03:03 PM