12-29-2013 09:38 PM
hai everyone,...i'm new as BlackBerry user. I tried to update my BB from smartphone and pop up message show Your BlackBerry is up to date. But i i was found a new version was released with my operator from BlackBerry website.
Should i stay with current version or update to new version?..
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-30-2013 09:37 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Only you can decide what you should and should not do. Typically, it's good to update to the most recent OS available as that would have features, functions, and fixes not in older versions. If the OTA update does not offer you anything, then you can force it via PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!