Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: ee

Sold a phone now bbm problems

Hi, hoping someone could help, sold my BB as my wife got an upgrade so i had her Torch, since yesterday i couldnt access BBM, which hasnt the end of the world tbh, but then i couldnt log on to Blackberry World, saying my username was incorrect for the handset !!!  Ive been in contact via Twitter with Blackberry but things are very slow, i rebooted my phone today and the guy who bought the phone off me has appeared in the bbm bit !! so, had to delete the whole bbm app, now cannot reinstall as i dont have a blackberry id, i cant work out how the guy has the same bbm pin number as myself or has he hacked my account maybe ?? Now the Ebay app wont work either as its saying to download bbm first !!! wish id never bothered tbh, but if anyone can help id be very grateful.

Cheers

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sold a phone now bbm problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

The reason the person who has your old BB is polluting your setup now is that you did not complete the SELLER steps before transferring...very risky, security-wise. And, now that you no longer have the BB, you can't do them. You should, however, contact the Buyer and advise them to conduct the Buyer steps (as part of which they will be required to create a new BBID). Hopefully they won't have any other issues (e.g., activating a BIS account if your carrier still has that BB PIN locked).

For your new one, please treat that as a sell/buy transaction and do both sets of steps.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply, ive just spoke to T Mobile and they have assured me that at least nothing can be charged to my account, but i need Blackberry to sort out the Blackberry World account (which they can do apparently ??) I have changed email & passwords but it wont let in log on, keeps saying 'enter the username for the phone correctly' ?? tbh, im thinking of changing phones to iphone anyway !!! thanks again.....

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

From that, I'm not quite sure what you need sorted out. If you have simply abandoned the prior BB ID and wish to create a new one, then you don't need any intervention...rather:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

If you still need something sorted out by BlackBerry, then you need for TMO to escalate your request up to BlackBerry via the channels to which only they have access. End users have no free channel by which to request anything from BlackBerry directly...only via escalation from an authorized entity (carriers, service centers, etc.) can end users receive assistance from BlackBerry. (Well, for free...there is a fee-based model.)

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for your help mate, im all sorted now cheers.....easy when you know how eh..!!! 

Hall of Famer III

Excellent...you are most welcome...but, would you mind contributing to the ever-expanding database of information that this is, by posting your specific solution?

Thanks!

New Contributor

sure, it was thru the link you put on, was a couple of ways of sorting it out on there, and deleting the bbw app thru applications worked, took a while but sorted it out once it was reinstalled i could set up a new account. Thanks again mate.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Thanks.