Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Some basic questions about the Bold's calendar

I am considering getting the Blackberry Bold but before I do so I have to determine if the calendar function will do what I need. I presently use a Palm Treo 700P which I synch with Microsoft Outlook. It is crucial that I am able to save my old calendar events going back for many years (at present it goes back until 1999). I am able to do that with the Palm Treo by synching the Treo to my outlook calendar via the Palm desktop software.  If I get the Bold, will I be able to synch to my Outlook Calendar and be able to bring in all of my past entries going back as far as I want it to go? Also, does the Blackberry Bold software enable one to use the phone to search through the Calendar for a specific event or specific entry in the past and future, e.g., could I search for a "meeting with Mr. Smith" that occurred in 2007? As of the present my business doesn't have a Blackberry Server, but will likely get one soon.  Assuming we do get that server, will my calendar still be able to go back as far as I want it to go back? Thanks, in advance for your help.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Some basic questions about the Bold's calendar

If you get the Blackberry Bold for sure you can sync with Microsoft Outlook.

You can go to any date in the past, but when you make the sync don't forget to mark sync all the entries in the calendar.

The new Blackberry Desktop Software have an application to sync all the data in your Palm with your new Blackberry, only connecting the 2 devices to the pc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Some basic questions about the Bold's calendar

Go to a store and sync it !  - dont just take our words for it.

You'll like it better than the Palm.

I've had a Palm before and I purchased (in one year) roughly $10K of Apple products  including the original iPhone and iPhone 3G. Yes, I'm loyal to Apple.

Me switching to the Bold says a lot about the phone.