Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Some time ago I deleted the text language input options by mistake and now only have US and UK English. Any ideas how I can recover the language change facility?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Some time ago I deleted the text language input options by mistake and now only have US and UK English. Any ideas how I can recover the language change facility?

[ Edited ]

Follow the below mentioned steps -

1. BlackBerry Desktop Software (must be installed in your computer). You can get it latest one from this location BlackBerry Desktop Software
  2. BlackBerry Device OS version (which you intend to have in your device). You can get it from from here  and must be installed it in your computer
  3. Connect you BlackBerry via USB Cable and open Desktop Software
  4. Select Applications.
  5. In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone (a + will appear next to the language to install)
  6. Click Apply.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Re: Some time ago I deleted the text language input options by mistake and now only have US and UK English. Any ideas how I can recover the language change facility?

I've already tried this several times and for some reason, it won't accept the V5.0.0.681 (which is on my device) and wants me to go to version 10, which won't download.

Elite II

Hi,

You don't need to update the whole device OS! Hence downloading the same OS version will do. Please check the steps I've listed above and let know which step is not working.

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor

I've now got an updated Blackberry desktop software manager on my Mac (which I had to download via Safarai - Chrome wouldn't do it).  Once I'd synchronised, etc., the only languages that came up with English UK, English US, Turkish and Portuguese.  Even getting into the Language & Input support didn't help and the options I wanted, i.e. French and Spanish aren't there.  I inadvertently removed the language options a while ago, and just can't reload them. I've checked for all updates and apparently I'm completely up to date.

Elite II

If you're looking for french and Spanish the go to step 2 and use the link I've given. Once you're on that link choose a mobile operator of French and Spanish, download and install device OS form those mobile operators. Once they are installing your PC use the same method to update the required language package.

tanzim