Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780 Smartphone

Somebody help

I've just got my bold 9780, I am still using my bold 9000, one question please somebody can answer.

In the computer I have the desktop manager from the 9000, do I need to install the new disk that came with the 9780 or can I use what I already have in the computer?

Another question:

If I can plug the 9780 into the computer using the existing desktop manager; do I need to do all the set up Emails etc, in the 9780 or automatically will do the synchronization on its own?

I will really appreciate if somebody can help USING PLAIN ENGLISH!!! I am only a translator not a technology master lol.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Somebody help

Good luck with that. I had access to the regular desktop software and it all the sudden just went away. Only way I know how to explain it! 

New Contributor

Sorry jtpesek, don't get it! do I need to start fresh as if I never had a blackberry before or can I overwrite?

Contributor

It cannot hurt to start over, however this is a chance that in the process you could lose any backed up files you have stored and that the desktop software would confuse your new phone with the serial / pin on the old one. That is what happened to me... it could not see the "correct" new phone. I would start from scratch, and risk losing a back up file, rather than losing function, which is what I seem to have lost by not uninstalling and reinstalling new. 

Contributor

It cannot hurt to start over, however this is a chance that in the process you could lose any backed up files you have stored and that the desktop software would confuse your new phone with the serial / pin on the old one. That is what happened to me... It could not see the "correct" new phone. I would start from scratch, and risk losing a back up file, rather than losing function, which is what I seem to have lost by not uninstalling and reinstalling new. 

New Contributor

Thank you I understand now!!!!

Will let you know if I can find you.

Contributor

Let me know how it goes for you. 

New Contributor