Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Someone Is Calling Me

I have the phone's profile on loud, so I can feel it vibrate. But everytime someone calls me, the ringtone takes like 5 seconds before it starts ringing, even though it says someone is calling me, and its vibrating. Any help?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Someone Is Calling Me

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please try removing the battery while the phone is ON,

leave it out for a minute, replace, let the phone initialize 1-3 min. See if it cleared.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

If I am reading this correctly. Your phone is NOT going to vibrate AND ring at the same time. It will vibrate THEN ring. You can turn off the vibrate feature completely or you can change the number of vibrates to 1 2 or 3 to shorten how long it vibrates. You can do either of these things by clicking on profiles and then on advanced. You can then change the settings for multiple things on your device that have a tone. Please let me know if this helps.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Lorriem made an excellent point. Just remember to set the holster options as well!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Ok, I think the problem is solved, but is there anyway to make the phone vibrate AND ring at the same time? Thanks for the help guys.
Forums Advisor III

Sorry, no. It can vibrate or it can ring, and it can vibrate THEN ring, there is no way to have them both occur at the same time.
New Contributor

i figured out (i think), that you can create more than one set of options for all your alerts (ie. emails, mms messages, calls) by creating a new "profile".  you can name each profile and go through all the alerts to change them to whatever you want, then you can switch back and forth between profiles.

if i'm wrong, please correct me

Forums Advisor III

You are absolutely right, Mike. You can create your own custom profiles. Unfortunately there is still no way to set the phone to vibe and ring at the same time. The vibe will come before the ring.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I have read a message on this forum about a third party application that enables to ring and vibrate at the same time. It was posted less than 2 weeks ago. Sorry I'm approximate.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Has anybody found a solution to this, it's absolutely absurd that a phone cannot Ring and Vibrate at the same time!!!???  No Offence.  It's just I have a hectic lifestyle and work in noisey busy environments, and need all the help I can to tell somebody is calling!!