Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Someone stole my blackberry..

Hello, I'm in need of urgent help!!! I have had my phone stolen today and my service provider is Gifgaff..I have already blocked my sim and blacklisted my phone but Im not sure if my bbm is still running!! Is there any way to block it???

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Someone stole my blackberry..

If you have done what you say about getting the sim shut down and the phone blacklisted then BBM will not work, even with another sim. It all depends on how your carrier blocked the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Also, when you get a new BB be sure to install BBProtect on it. With that app you can remotely view your device's location and even wipe your device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Thank you...yes, I have blocked my sim and blacklisted the handest. But what does blacklisted mean? Does it delete all my memory, pictures, texts, everything? Because that's what I need. And I don't know..sorry.

Guru II

No it only renders the handset incapable of getting on the network. All your data is still on it and available to whoever stole it unless you had a password set on the device.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Stolen Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

Hi Blackberry  my phone  Z10  was stolen on 7/4/2014  Pin #PV003-A     MAT-54212-005   SWD-201212051507250531 Could you please report it   Thank u so much  

Pablo Crespo
Highlighted
Guru II

None of that info is of any use here. First that's not a BlackBerry pin. Second even if it were there's nothing we can do here since we're not BlackBerry employees.