Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm

Song Stops With Headphones

Storm 9530 OS .148 Just upgraded.

After upgrade I am not able to continualy play music while listening with my headphones. I have to continualy hit the volume button to hear the next song, either up or down. The media player is in the background running while i am say browsing the internet.  

There are mixed reviews, as with anything on forums, about which hybrid I should use to fix it. I dont want to have to use a hybrid!!! You would think this would have been a major R&D NO NO

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Song Stops With Headphones

I just recently upgraded my Storm to version to .148 and I am having the same issue.  The song will start, but no sound until I hit one of the volume buttons - it is always when the media player is in the background. Appears to work ok if headset is not plugged in.  Also, it doesn't matter what the Media options are set on.  I started off with with all settings in the Off or No setting and tried a variety of different settings from there.  No change.  It appears that they fixed one thing(Music Library view staying up) and broke another.

The blackberry has two different volumes, one for the speaker and one for headphones. The problem is that sometimes when headphones are plugged in and the song changes it will switch back to the other volume. Probably the reason only some people notice this problem is just because they have both volumes set to the same level (this would also explain how the bug got past R&D).  To fix it just take the headphones out, adjust the volume, and put them back in.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Hi there, I am having the same problem - it's driving me nuts!

What is a hybrid? New to BlackBerrys here, so sorry if that's something basic I should know.

Thank you!

Highlighted

Hi, I just came across this thread as I too am having the same issue.  My storm was playing just fine until yesterday.  The only thing I can think of is that I checked off the "Don't Show This Next Time" box in the loud music warning.  I will look the the options on my Storm to see if I can fix it.  If I do I will Post it here.