Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch Smart Phone
My Carrier: OPTUS

Sorting Contacts by last name

Can anyone help?  I am trying to sort my contacts by last name.  Everything I try doesn'rt work!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 and Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: DU

Re: Sorting Contacts by last name

Go to Contacts

Click the Blackberry logo Key (located left of the trackpad)

Click on "Options"

Choose the first option "Contact Display and Actions"

You see a "Sort By:" option. Then Choose "Last Name"

Hope it will solve it.

Click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved so other people on the community can quickly find and solve the similar problems they are facing. To give thanks, click on thumbs up

I tried this. It still sorts alphabetically by first name. The last name is listed first, then the first name is how the sort happens Eg The name "Smith, Anthony" gets listed before "Redding, Bob" because it sorts on the first name. Hope this makes sense!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 and Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: DU

[ Edited ]

um i sort it with last name and had no trouble like you are experiencing.

ok lets do this way: 

1) Sort the contacts by "Company" and save it. Close the contacts. Reopen it  (Usually saving it as "Company" sort the contacts according to last name alphabetically, if this didnt happen continue the second step)

2) Open the Contacts again and this time change the "Sort by" option back to "Last Name" and save it. Close the contacts and reopen it and see if it has sort it correctly

See if this will help you

Click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved so other people on the community can quickly find and solve the similar problems they are facing. To give thanks, click on thumbs up

Tried this. Doesn't work. My data was imported from my previous sim card. Does this make in a problem?