Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000

Sound Speaker Issues on New Bold

Has anyone experienced sound problems with new bold?  I've had the phone one week and it worked great until the last two days.  I can hear my callers fine, but callers complain I sound muffled and in some instances far away regardless of whether I'm talking into the phone or have it on speaker mode.  I've played with the volume and moving closer/farther from phone but nothing seems to help.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Sound Speaker Issues on New Bold

As you're having this issue with your newly purchased device...i would recommended you to take it back to the store and ask for replacement.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

I am having the exact problem (after 3 months).  I have been advised to get the software re-loaded.  How did your problem get solved?
New Contributor

I had the same problem, as if the louder speaker, the one for music with out headphones and speakerphone and most annoyingly the alarm clock stopped working. Software reload did not work for me.  

I've had my Bold for about 5 months.  Lately I've noticed that the loudness of my speakers had diminished to the point where music, speakerphone, or alarms were barely audible.  I called in the problem, and worked with ATT handheld department, who referred me to a local store.  At the store, they looked it over, tried playing with the volume control, the good-ole battery pull soft reset, hard reset, etc.  ...  they concluded that the unit was failing.  ATT decided to send out a refurbished replacement for it. 

This is obviously another defect in the phone.  The problem comes and goes.. today, the speakers work great again.  I did nothing to it since yesterday to accomplish this great feat.  I will replace it with the refurbished unit and cross my fingers.  Of course, if its systemic, the refurbished unit is likely to develop the same problem over time.  Too bad, the device would be great if not for all the problems.  This will be my 3rd Bold replacement in 5 months!  Quality seems to be very poor in the new Blackberry models.  I bought the Bold to avoid all the bugs reported in the Storm!!!  -lol  Fool me once, shame on them... I'm not likely to buy another unless they see the error of their ways... I bring to remembrance.. American Automotive Industry's early belief that Quality wasn't important when compared to foreign models! 

Hello

I have the same problem, except i bought my bold from the internet. And i cant get hold of the seller.

Its hard work trying to contact some one at blackberry  so i can send them the phone back

I have the same problem as well

Any idea what to do if you bought the phone of the internet? I cant get hold of the seller.

Is there away to contact blackberry direct? Its very confusing their technical support web pages

thanks

jon

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

Read my post at the top of this Forum;

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-BlackBerry-9000/STICKY-No-or-Low-sound-issues...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: att

[ Edited ]

I am on my second BB Bold.  I had the quiet speakerphone issue with my first, so one week before my warranty was up on the original, ATT replaced the unit with a factory refurb.  the refurb worked great for a long time, however, now it started losing volume just like the first one.

Okay, I have tried paper shims and plastic strips.  I have even used one of those little stick on silicone buttons  that you put on cabinet doors or drawers to keep them from slamming.  They all work for a while, but then the speaker volume fades again.

So, now that the second phone is out of warranty, I tried something a little gutsy.  I removed the battery cover and battery, then removed the six screws that hold the back of the phone together.  Once all six screws are removed, gently lift off the back.  Imbedded into the back is the small speaker, with two small contacts that protrude ever-so-slightly.  Using a small jeweler's screwdriver or a small pen knife gently lift the tips of the contacts up.  Now, replace the back, and the screws.  Replace the battery and battery cover, and wait for the phone to boot up.  This should fix your problem.  I believe that the contacts should probably be made from a stronger tensile metal that will better withstand the pressure, without getting "sprung."  This sounds a little intimidating to do, but it is really an easy fix.