Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Sound alert for appts in calendar and silent/vibrate mode for phone Curve 8330

How do you turn these things on?  When I have set a reminder alarm for an appt in the calendar, I want a sound alert.  Can't find how to do that.  How can I easily set the phone to silent or (better) vibrate when I still want to receive calls but can't have the tone sound?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Sound alert for appts in calendar and silent/vibrate mode for phone Curve 8330

there is a little speaker icon, either in your Desktop or Program menu list, there you can scroll to the very bottem and click on the advance menu, then click the menu butten on the profile you wish to Edit , and you can change how each and every program "including Phone ringers n such" sounds, and viabrations and all that.
Contributor

Re: Sound alert for appts in calendar and silent/vibrate mode for phone Curve 8330

That worked.  Thanks!
Regular Contributor

no problem ^_^ cheers
New Contributor

I have a 8310 and I want to hear an alarm for my appts in calendar?  I went to the speaker icon but still won't work.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

What part exactly didn't work. What steps did you take?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

Thanks, I figured it out.  I had to change "out of holster".  There are so many steps to change something so simple.