Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8320 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Sound loss during calls

Hi all, hope someone can help me with this. When recieving calls i can hardly hear the caller on the other end. This problem has only just started and i am at a loss as to what is causing this problem. Thanks to anyone who can help with this. Cheers Chris.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Sound loss during calls

Hello chris521957

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

While during a Call have you tried to increase the volume of your earpiece to be sure that it set to max. Or have you activate the speaker to see if the the problem is within the earpiece.

Sometime this problem appear if you or the the person on the other end is in an area where we don't have enough network . 

Meanwhile you can also try a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min then reinsert it back , after reboot please check it again. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried increasing the volume during the call, with no effect. I will try a battery pull with power on and get back to let you know if this works. Thanks Chris.

New Contributor

Hi. Tried battery pull, did not work. Speakerphone works fine so will just have to use speakerphone when making or recieving calls. Thanks for your help. Chris.

Elite II

Hi chris521957

If a battery pull restart is unable to fix the issue , then you have to do a little diagnosis like the interval at which this problem appear , if it happen on some specific calls and occasion then the problem might be with your Carrier Network. But if this problem persists for all Incoming call then it might be a software or an Hardware issue .

And to rule out those software issue you can try reloading your Device Software to see if that helps , here is the KB for that :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If a reload fails to resolve your issue then most probably its an hardware problem and in that situation you have to Contact your Service Provider to any qualified Mobile Repair shop to get it fixed.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This happens on all calls. I am due an upgrade soon so i will just use the speakerphone till then. Thanks for all your help. Cheers Chris.

Elite II

Hi Chris

That's great if you're going to upgrade , but still in your Off time you can try a OS reload who knows if it solves the issue Smiley Happy