Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sound settings missing "number of beeps"?

It appears on this brand new phone that the "number of beeps" option has been removed from the setting ring tones/alerts options, so that an alert only beeps once. 

Anyone know how to fix this? Unless this is fixable this is a MAJOR limitation of the current software.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Sound settings missing "number of beeps"?

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

EDIT: 

It took me a minute, but I figured out what you were referring to.

Profiles on the Tour and Storm are not setup like the older phones.

KB16476 : how the setup works overall.

KB04720 : set a custom ringtone.

KB16477 : set a custom profile.

Here are some articles on the sound profile settings:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB16476&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB04720&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB16477&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

Message Edited by Bifocals on 07-14-2009 06:02 AM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 07-14-2009 06:03 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 on Verizon v4.7.1.40

I agree 100% that bt only limiting the Tour to 1 notification tone for emails and etc is a big limitation as I work in a shop with lots of motorcycles and it is noisy all the time. I wish I had a second and third chance to hear my alert.

Maybe in a new OS Update they will change this if RIM reads and monitirs what people are saying.

Love my new 9630 Tour on Verizon though with only minor annoyances.

- JAGUARR -
"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"
New Contributor

Thanks very much for the reply, I do hope they fix this with a software update.  Why in the world would they take out the "number of beeps" option anyway? Was it really bothering someone? Seems like they had to work to take out something that actually added useful functionality.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]
I've got to agree with the above. Having the option to sound alerts multiple times would be quite helpful to those of us in noisy offices, or travelling on noisy roads. The variety of tones is great, but having them repeat would be very beneficial when it can take more than a passing split-second for the sound to register, or be heard at all.
Message Edited by DWha on 07-16-2009 03:22 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Missed Email/SMS Notification

I'm new to the BlackBerry, having just started using the device 2 days ago. Having the same problem presented here in that my message alert is 1 beep and is never repeated.  My previous Samsung phone would alert every 1-2 min if a text message was not reviewed and that's an important feature for me.  I'm a physician and my On-Call pages comes through as text messages.  Last night, was sound asleep and when I was finally awakened by a message, I noted there were 2 older messages from 1-2 hrs earlier that I had never received in my deep sleep.  Amazing to me that BlackBerry software does not provide for a reminder interval or number of alert rings.  Yes, I could make it louder and could choose a longer playing alert, but that's not what I want when I'm conscious, wearing it and obviously able to answer it quickly.  I just need to to beep again (and again) if it's not answered the first time.....  I'm told that there are 3rd party apps to provide this feature that RIM has sadly not provided.  Anybody have a suggestion or solution? Thanks.

Is there a moderator who can confirm if this is a limitation or not?  I recently got a tour, and love it, but I am constantly missing text messages.  If this is a true limitation, I will have to go back to an older model.  Please confirm this.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

While I'm not a moderator, I can confirm that it is true and I have purchased an application that solves the problem.  It's called BlackBerry Alerts.   I can confirm it works on the Tour and is available through Handango.  
Highlighted

Thank you for the reply.