Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Space on Memory Card Not Being Used

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately,if that is the case you will have to manually delete each picture on the BB, there is no gang delete for the pictures.  you can however fo to the main media screen select explore find the directores on the BB and delete the other files.

Thanks,

Scratch that. you can do pictures that way as well!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-31-2008 07:44 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-31-2008 07:45 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-31-2008 07:46 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I went into "Media" and selected Explore from the options.  There is a folder called my pictures and that is where all my photos were.  now they are not there.  i some in there since before this past christmas.  do you think it deleted my photos as it ran out of device memory?  how do i set it so that when i take photos or download music, that it saves to my memory card and not the device memory?
Guru I

Did you have you memory card iin when you did this, if so that was my fault.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I think it you use the Blackberry Explorer you can move the pictures from your Blackberry internal memor to the Media card.
to use the Blackberry explorer :
open the media application, and instead of going to video/music/ringtone/pictures, hit the Menu key and select "explore".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

yes.  i haven't removed the memory card.  but there was nothing on the memory card to begin with.  all the photos were on my device memory.  i don't know how to save photos to my memory card instead of the device memory.
Guru I

My point about the memory card is you should remove it, as the blackberry maybe pointing to it, which is why your pictures don't show up. You could then back them up to directories on your PC, Use Xandrex's solution, but make sure you select device memory when exporing It's the one that will start off with blackberry users

Thanks

New Contributor

Thank you very much for your help.  I've learned alot more about my blackberry today thanks to you.  Much appreciated Smiley Happy
Guru I

Please take a minute to put the resolutin check in the post that answered your question!

Thanks