Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Porta

Spanish Lang

I recently bought 3 storms while in USA, all were ok but my friend erased spanish lang from his by mistake. Now I have installed lots of OS with the old desktop but i cn´t seem to add spanish with this new DM. Is there anyway I can install spanish again on this torch?

Otto Veliz Vargas
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Spanish Lang

What OS is on those devices with Spanish?

What OS release have you installed "lots" already?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

6.0 OS is on the Torch that spanish was deleted. As to which OS I have installed before I have installed on different blackberry like my pearl, curve, storm, flip, but with old DM not the new one

Otto Veliz Vargas

otto68 wrote:

I recently bought 3 storms while in USA, all were ok but my friend erased spanish lang from his by mistake. Now I have installed lots of OS with the old desktop but i cn´t seem to add spanish with this new DM. Is there anyway I can install spanish again on this torch?

I don't know if you have the Storm or the Torch.

Let's clarify that first.

And you need to post the EXACT OS release number, found at options > about

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Sorry I apologize for my error; I bought 3 9800 torch and this is the info you are asking for v6.0.0.141 plat 6.4.0.64

Otto Veliz Vargas

OK, so install the OS using this method:

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Look in the loader program for the different language options. Do you see them?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Ok I did all of this I did my first post but I am using Desktop Manager 6 and it does not give my an option to chose like the other DM. Remember I did say I have done this on all my other Blackberry´s. What I don´t understand is why it doesn´t give me the option this time?

Otto Veliz Vargas

otto68 wrote:

Ok I did all of this I did my first post but I am using Desktop Manager 6 and it does not give my an option to chose like the other DM. Remember I did say I have done this on all my other Blackberry´s. What I don´t understand is why it doesn´t give me the option this time?

Ah, but then if you're using DM5 or 6 to load the OS, then you aren't following the instructions I just posted.  Smiley Wink

Right?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yes I am well aware that I talked about DM but I have done you way as well and all I get is english UK on where I choose. I went to C program files, common files, research in motion, app loader, I erased vendor as I have done too all my berries before this one and I only see english UK, no option with spanish. Most be some care of bug. it is drving me crazy. Well my friend is driving me crazy. Anyway thanks for all the help

Otto Veliz Vargas

otto68 wrote:

Yes I am well aware that I talked about DM but I have done you way as well and all I get is english UK on where I choose. I went to C program files, common files, research in motion, app loader, I erased vendor as I have done too all my berries before this one and I only see english UK, no option with spanish. Most be some care of bug. it is drving me crazy. Well my friend is driving me crazy. Anyway thanks for all the help

OK, well, I can only go by what you tell me here, and you kept mentioning using Desktop Manager, so I didn't know otherwise what you have done... since you hadn't said and my instructions above do not involve using DM.

So, go to program files > common files > research in motion > shared > loader > **your OS file** > java and look through. Do you see any files ending in "__ES"?

For example:  net_rim_bb_resource__es.cod

Knowledge Base Updates