Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Speed Dial for Voicemail

When I received my 8310 from AT&T it came with some sort of "link" that allowed me to dial my Voice Mail phone number (located in the Voice Mail menu) when I press the 1 (w) key.  If I were to look at my speed dial list it would not contain a number under the "w" key.  Something happended to that link and now when I press and hold the 1 (w) key I get an "Invalid Phone Number" message.  AT&T support cannot fix the problem.  I know I can force the Voice Mail phone number into the "w" slot on the speed dial list but I really want to find out about the orginal link and what it was.  Anyone have any ideas?

Chris

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Speed Dial for Voicemail

Go to Call Log -> click Menu button -> Options -> Voice Mail -> Put the your desired voice mail number in Access Number:

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Yes, great but what makes the phone dial this number when you press and hold the 1 key?????
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Go to the Phone screen. Display the menu and select View Speed Dial List. Voicemail is listed as 1.
New Contributor

Thanks but this is not the correct way!  When the phone comes from the carrier they have a non-viewable character (link) in the speed dial list that "links" the "w" key to the phone number you enter in the voice mail menu.  I know you can just reenter the voice mail phone number in the speed dial list for the "W" key but now you have the voice mail number in two places (in the spped dial list AND in the voice mail menu).  Does anyone know how to renter this LINK?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

If all fails you can perform a security wipe on your BlackBerry to revert it to how it came from AT&T. Go to Options > Security Options > General Options. Display the menu and select Wipe Handheld.
Visitor

you have to do reinstall the os then do a security wipe that was the only way i could fix it.
Developer

um, ok so a wipe messes with your 3rd parties and you risk bricking you BB.  Why don't you just put it into your speed dial.  You were using W to do it anyways. 

Although I admit this problem got to me and I did end up reloading the OS.

Sorry. 

Highlighted

Chris,

Brand new ATT Curve here...and VM is activated by holding the w/1 key...but if I look at SpeedDial list, under w, the local number for retreiving VM is there.  So I think that's how ATT sets it up on the phone...it is a SpeedDial entry....no special or hidden link.

You need to get the call-in number for your location (its not your cell number...its a special phone number that, when called from your phone, immediately puts you into your voicemail with no need for entering passwords) and put that into SpeedDial...