Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 830
My Carrier: verizon

Speed Dial

Can you tell this phone is totally intimidating to me..why can't I figure out how to work the stupid speed dial.  When I set a number to speed dial it shows as A B , etc...  How do you dial with the letter?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Re: Speed Dial

[ Edited ]

First of all, if you've got the phone number set to a single digit, all you have to do is hold ALT and then the single digit.  When you have it set to a letter, just hold the letter until the phone dials the number programmed.

For example, I've got my home phone programmed into "H".  So all I have to do is hold the "H" button for a few seconds, and then the phone will dial it.

Voicemail is automatically programmed into 1.  To dial it, press ALT and then hold "1" until it dials voicemail.  The reason you press ALT first is so that the phone knows that you're trying to dial/access the numbers/symbols found on the top portion of the buttons that share a spot with another character.

The way I see it (although I haven't used it all) is that you've got 0 thru 9 and A thru Z to use for all your speed dials! :-)  If you need help with anything else, let me know.