Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Trigcom Oslo
Accepted Solution

Spotify failure

Hi

A little while ago i bought a new Blackberry, the 9900 model. It runs as smooth as anything, and I am only having one small concern; the Spotify app I downloaded won´t work. I have tried to delete it and re-download it over and over, and it still won`t work. I have a Premium account, and when I access it from my computer, it works perfectly fine. The problem appears when access it from the phone. I type in the username and password, and press login. The animation that is supposed to show progress appears, but then nothing happens. The internet-connection marker in the top right corner appears and disappears again, but the progress-animation won´t go away. It is terribly annoying, and I was hoping that there was an easy solution to this problem. I have not yet tried to reset the entire software, but I have done pretty much everything else in my power to solve this problem. Thank you!

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 7 Plus
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Spotify failure

When you installed the app, did you allow all of the permissions requested?
New Contributor

Yes, but not the Blackberry messenger request. Do you think that´s where the problem lies? 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I think I found your issue. The description on the Spotify website and BB App World state the devices that it's compatible with - the 9900 isn't one of them! I'm not sure how you managed to download it to your 9900?
New Contributor

Neither am I. Well, that´s annoying, but thanks anyway! 

Super Contributor

No problem. Cheers.