Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330 Tip: Options application Uncaught exception java.lang.error

Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330 Tip - Options application"Uncaught exception: java.lang.error"

The first day I received my Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330, I lost the Options application after installing Twitter and Facebook.  When I would click on Options  I received a permissions error and a java error: "Uncaught exception java.lang.error.

This is the fix that Sprint recommended for the problem and it worked great.

From the home screen showing all the application icons, press and hold Alt key and then press LGLG.

Hit the menu button (the one with all the dots on it). You will see the "Event Log" with a list of stuff.

Choose "Clear Log" from the menu.

With the unit still turned on, remove battery, wait a few seconds, reinstall battery.

The unit should power up automatically. As the unit powers up, you will see an hour glass working. Be patient, can take a minute or so.

This cleared the error and Options worked again.

Please let me know if this helped you.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330 Tip: Options application Uncaught exception java.lang.error

I was getting the same error after upgrading Sprint Navigation to version 2.8 today. 

I thought I was hosed.  The LGLG pull the battery tip saved the day.

Thanks for the help.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330 Tip: Options application Uncaught exception java.lang.error

After an exhaustive search for answers, I finally found this one.  Thanks so much.  Your trick did the trick.  Thanks again.