Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: 5042363648

Spurious text messages following voice mail

Recently, when I check my voicemail on my Bb 8900 Curve a text message appears like the following: 

vvm.mobile.att.net:5400?f=0&v=800&m=5042363649&p=&S=I&s=5433&i=143/993&t=5042363649:A:CMSGROUP0150422:ms06:client:23448

This is a new phenominon.  Anyone know why it might be happening?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Spurious text messages following voice mail

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Many carriers have an option of sending an SMS also as a notification of a new voice message received. And, maybe something is wrong with their system and the SMS is getting mis-formatted. If correct, then the place to contact is your mobile service provider as they are in charge of your voice services including phone calls, voice mail, and SMS.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Unfortunately, that was my first approach.  No luck.  In fact, it was they (ATT) who contacted BlackBerry for help.  No help.  I guess I'm just stuck.

Thanks anyway.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Oh...sorry...you didn't reveal that bit of detail in your first post. But, I'm a little confused...if ATT escalated your case to BB, then why is the case closed? Your issue is not resolved, and you continue to pay for services that are not being properly delivered to you. I'd think you'd be continuing to escalate with ATT/BB rather than coming to a user-to-user forum contributed to by volunteers who have no access to any back-end systems to do anything formally. Maybe there are still other details you've not yet revealed.

In any event, good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks very much for your follow up on my message.  Actually, I began with a chat session with AT&T, giving them the same information as my initial message to this forum.  After several attempts to resolve my problem (such as checking my SMS, phone and email settings)  they called BlackBerry to see if they had any ideas.  When they got back to me they reported that both they and Bb had no further suggestions to make. So my case was closed.  I agree it seems absurd that I can't seem to get help from either Bb or my carrier, which is why I turned to this forum, since I just had no other ideas.  I do appreciate your taking the trouble to respond to my query. Thanks.

Hall of Famer III

I would suggest that you find someone else at ATT to talk to...the message you provided clearly comes from them, and you pay them for your services. You need to find someone with them who is willing to properly look into this for you and not close the case until it is resolved.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Thanks for the good advice.  I'll follow up as you suggest.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes, me too. I checked my ATT account page and it looks like the plan I'm on now has this "Visual Voice Mail" feature which I didn't have before.  There doesn't seem to be an option on the plan page to disable the visual voice mail feature.

All the more frustrating because the links sent to my Berry don't work. We recently changed our mobile plan and consolidated some stuff, and I guess as a result of that I now have to deal with these texts.

But don't forget about that ATT/BlackBerryStart page to configure Blackberry email with your ISP. It is worth checking there to see if I can disable the VVM feature. All those texts are a PIA.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

AT&T fixed it.  No more vmm.mobile.att... junk after every text.

I logged into my account, then did a Live Chat. The guy asked for my IMEI, then was able to change my 8310 from the Visual Voicemail back to a normal voicemail. I had to set up my voicemail again, so know that if you do this any messages you have saved are going to be lost, along with your recorded greeting.

I also had to go back into the AT&T voicemail menu to turn my password OFF so that I don't get prompted for it every time I speed dial for my msgs.

New Contributor

Many thanks for your help on this.  I followed your advice and got ATT to change my VVM to standard voice mail, and problem solved!  BTW, they told me they didn't need my IMEI to fix the problem, and I didn't have to reset my greeting.  Again, thanks for your help.