Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Spyware detection and removal?

NOT DOUBTFUL

www.trackwary.com is only $24.95/mo. Only need PIN number to gain access into Blackberry. I know this first-hand because someone started accessing/violating mine... Smiley Sad

HELP!!! I'm currently looking for protection for my cell phone (Blackberry Curve) Anyone know where I can find this and subscribe?
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Is your phone turning on by itself when you're not using it?
Does your phone log show "conference call" icon (more than one telephone icon beside names)?

Victim of spyware here... :-( (they used www.trackwary.com) and hacked into my blackberry curve with only access to PIN. So much for Blackberry Messenger and sharing PIN...

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

I have a BB Torch, and spybubble was installed on it, apparently SpyBubble arrives as a .zip file that contains the following files:

• bubb.cod
  • bubb.jad

I'm wondering if someone out there knows how to find the file, there is no app icon, I'm sure it's piggy backing under another app, I just can't find it, any help in this matter would be awesome...and I know it's spy bubble because he had the audacity to charge it to my bank account...PLEASE and THANK YOU Smiley Very Happy

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Know it all? That's some comment from someone who has never posted on here before and has provided nothing to verify their statement. That would be like me calling myself a doctor with nothing to back it up.

Is it possible to have spyware installed on a BlackBerry? Yes. But it either has to happen via your carrier as a part of the OS download or service books, via your workplace (e.g. BES), or at the end of the day, someone has to grant access, which is more likely to happen if you don't password protect your device or let other use your device. Another big reason is if you don't pay attention to messages that pop up on your device asking for permission to access certain aspects of your device.

Comments like yours do nothing to help anyone else and it ultimately comes down to people realizing that their smartphones are now extensions of who they are and they need to be careful to ensure the phone contents don't fall into the wrong hands.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I

@mousie_girl76, did you figure out how to get rid of that spyware? If not, please post back. I haven't been active on the forums for a bit so I missed your previous message.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Not really, I took the phone in and had it reset to factory settings and I'm not sure that worked, I logged in to my youtube account from my phone a few days after and had to reset my password for that and a few other accounts last night...the only other option I have is to just get a new phone but that's bull**bleep** that I would have to do that....

Elite I

That should have worked, but try doing the following instead. Start by backing up your phone's data. Then download a program called BBSAK from http://bbsak.org to your computer and install it. Once that is done, run it. You will be prompted to enter your password, then press OK. On the main screen, you should see your device PIN. If not, let me know as I have this problem myself. Next, wipe your device OS by clicking on the Wipe button. This will leave your phone with a 507 error and will require an OS reload.

Next follow the steps in this link to reload your OS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Once this is complete, restore only the databases that are absolutely necessary. For example, contacts, calendar, etc. Basically, the less you restore, the less likely your phone will have anything residual on it. Finally, when you redownload your apps, make sure to download them from an official source (e.g. BlackBerry App World) to make sure you don't accidentally download spyware unscrupulously packaged with your actual desired app.

If there is no official source for an app, consider not going with it, or if you must install it, ensure that you do not give it access to your personal info, etc. when prompted.

Good luck and please keep me posted.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8330
My Carrier: verizon

i posted about the trackwary and it got removed and i got an email about spamming. lol makes no sense

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8330
My Carrier: verizon

if you are not careful, someone can send you a picture with a small file accompanying that only requires you to open and look at the picture..on top of that someone could even send you the message that shows that it came from a family member...

Elite I

Your post got deleted because you provided a link to a website that may go against the Terms & Conditions of the forums and didn't provide any explanation as to what the website is about. And we often get spammers on here who come with one purpose and one purpose only. To post spam.

Are you 100% certain that what you're saying will work on BBs? It can work on computers and Android devices, yes, but BlackBerry devices are a different story. At the very least, you would have to actively allow an application to install and run on your BlackBerry.