Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330/Jabra BT

Status light problem

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, or if there is even a fix for it but here goes. On my 8330 I have this strange problem with the blinking status light. Whenever I turn my phone off (at night, or to recharge), then turn it back on the status light will work for a while and then stop. I have to go into options/screen (or whatever it's called) and change the status light option to "off", then save my change (which by the way makes the status light start blinking again), then change it back to "on" then save the change and all worked fine until I power it off (at which point I have to go though the whole convoluted process again). This is not that big of a deal (just kind of a pain in the butt to have to do all the time). Any help would be appreciated.

John K Waggener
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Status light problem

Hi and welcome to the forums!

On the status light what color are you referring to?

Green is the coverage indicator

Blue is Bluetooth

Red is the message indicator

Amber is the low battery/charge indicator.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330/Jabra BT

The color it is flashing is irrelevant (I am aware of all of the color variations and what the refer to). The light just ceases to flash at all (in any color), whether I have my earpiece enabled or not. Thanks.

John K Waggener
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Good Luck,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter